Support services

How to report and access support

  • If you, or someone you know, is affected by gender-based violence please call Greater Manchester Victims’ Services on 0800 876 6155 for help and advice or visit Please remember, you don’t have to report anything to the police if you don’t want to. 

  • You can also contact Victim Support on their 24/7 Supportline – 0808 1689 111 – or via their live chat facility. 

  • If you, or someone you know, has come to harm or is at risk of coming to harm, you can report this to Greater Manchester Police via GMP’s Livechat facility at or call 101. If you, or someone else is in immediate danger always dial 999. 

  • If you are calling 999 from a mobile phone and you are unable to speak, you can use the Silent Solution by pressing 55 when prompted. Once you press 55, the operator will then transfer the call to the relevant police force as an emergency. 

Domestic abuse and violence: 

Rape or sexual assault:   

  • St Mary’s Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) 24 hour helpline 
  • Survivors Manchester UK

Forced marriage and so-called honour-based violence: 

Female Genital Mutilation: 

  • The Guardian Project  
    • A free service covering the whole of Greater Manchester. It provides care and support for women and girls who may be at risk from, or who have been victims of, female genital mutilation. 

    • 07449 651 677 

    • Email 

Stalking and harassment:

Support for children and young people:  

Concerned about your behaviour:

  • Respect
    • If you’re concerned about your own behaviour towards a loved one, Respect provides a confidential advice and support for perpetrators of domestic abuse looking for help to stop.  

    • 0808 802 4040 

    • Website: 

Skip to content